Thursday, October 28, 2010

On Tuesday, I sent a note to Dr. M with the dates I had started taking the azithromycin and minocycline (10/5/10 and 10/10/10 respectively) -- not quite 3 weeks even for the azithromycin. At my appointment, she had told me to wait three more weeks, and if I wasn't feeling better, to switch my meds again -- drop the azithromycin and tinidazole and add Cipro 500 mg twice a day.

I got a call from her nurse today telling me to stick to the schedule she had given me, even though at my appointment she thought I had been taking the new meds for 5 weeks. I don't understand. Does it not matter how many weeks I am on a medication before we give up on it?

I am having doubts...not sure this was the right course to take. I'm having frequent nausea and gut pain again -- couldn't stand fully straight this morning when I got up. And I'm back to 6 or more bouts of diarrhea per day. I have had to take Lotronex twice this week, so I could leave the house for doctor's appointments, and had breakthrough diarrhea after taking it. It feels like my body is telling me to stop...but what happens then? Or, what will happen if I double the minocycline as Dr. M instructed when I get the new prescription? I wish I had someone I trusted to give me good Lyme advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment