Thursday, March 3, 2011

Rip Van Winkle hits the snooze button

I seem to have backslid since getting the flu.

It’s over now -- the flu, I mean -- but I have a much lower level of energy than I did before I got it.

I realized this morning that I have been telling myself each day that I don’t know why I’m so tired.

I have been too tired to knit since Sunday.

I just had breakfast, and it’s 12:40. I deferred breakfast so I could wash my hair, which hadn’t happened for over a week. (I have been having soaks in the tub every night before bed, so the rest of me was pretty clean.)

Last night it took me 2 1/2 hours to make and eat dinner. I cooked a lamb chop, sat down to eat it and rest; braised some collards, sat down to eat them and rest; rested some more; had some chocolate; and braised and ate some celeriac.

I’m still getting things done, but I just feel…so…tired. It’s causing me some grief. I know that will pass, but today it is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment