Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hiatus

Temporarily (I hope) off the Nystatin to try to isolate what might be causing the palinopsia. Last night I had it anyway. I'm waiting one more night to confirm before restarting Nystatin. I thought two days would be a sufficient test period since Nystatin is very poorly absorbed through the GI tract. I checked with the pharmacist, and he agreed.

According to Dr. L, if the palinopsia is happening even without the Nystatin, the likeliest culprit is Malarone, and it's just a coincidence that the Nystatin and the palinopsia started on the same day.

Off the Nystatin, I'm feeling worse again. I haven't written this here before, but I've been having days lately where I think of my body like those of salmon after spawning -- literally disintegrating while I'm still alive. I feel deeply ill and exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment