Thursday, December 30, 2010

another night terror

Night terrors again. This one happened on the night of 12/28-29. I dreamed that I saw a shadow through the frosted glass of the front door. When I opened it, a tall man was standing in the tiny vestibule. He was wearing an overcoat and a felt hat, and holding a large stack of old books. I asked him what he was doing there, and he said he had seen in my library list that I was researching similar subjects and had decided to bring the books to me. He seemed to want to come in, but I took the books and thanked him, and he left, leaving the front door open. Only after he was gone did I realize that he had managed to break into both my house and my library account. Then I started to wonder if the explanation about my library list was just an excuse, and sure enough, when I checked, the books' subjects had nothing to do with me. I kept seeing him in my mind's eye standing in the vestibule...was that a memory or multiple occurrences? It worried me a lot that he had managed to get past the locked front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment