Friday, December 31, 2010

another night terror

I am walking across the main floor of my house when, out of the edge of my vision, I see a flash of color in the dining-room window. There should not be color there. I turn to look, and see a shocking sight: an upside-down face, flushed with color, unconscious but alive. The face is stuck to the window glass, one cheek pressed flat. It belongs to a dark-haired woman. At the same time that I am figuring out what I am seeing, there is a slithery sucking squeak of sound and the face disappears. A moment of silence and almost-normality is followed by a bone-shaking thud. I realize that the woman's body has hit the ground in the air shaft, and that she is probably dead. And then I think, Who was she? There is only one dark-haired woman who lives here, and it is me.

My therapist asked me yesterday if Malarone could cause night terrors. I just checked, and one of the rare listed side effects is "vivid dreams". Malarone or Abilify? Or artemisinin? I am taking too many meds...it's impossible to figure out which one is the culprit.

I forgot to mention...this happened a few days ago, but time is no longer moving very linearly for me. Two days after I started taking the Malarone, I had what seemed like a Herx. In the evening, I suddenly got very sweaty with the shivers. It felt like I was running a high fever, but when I took my temp it was only 97.1, so who knows. It lasted about an hour and then went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment