Wednesday, January 5, 2011

note to self:

Don't walk two miles when you have plans -- any plans -- the next day.

I walked to the hospital and back for my mammogram yesterday. I had planned only to walk there, and then to take a cab back. There was a cab in the cab rank right by Barns & Noble, but it was such a nice day, and I wasn't in too much pain yet...

By the time I got home, I could barely move. I sat down to rest and didn't get up for hours. It seemed like I kept feeling more, not less, tired. When I finally stood up to make dinner, I felt weak and shaky, with pain in all my weight-bearing joints and full-on fog brain. On and off for the rest of the day yesterday and today, I have had a migraine with left eye pain and what seems to be blurry vision -- general inflammatory symptoms, for me. I am seriously, non-functionally exhausted.

I wish I didn't love walking so much. I miss, not just being out in the world, but moving through it under my own steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment