Friday, January 7, 2011

Am I herxing?

I think I have been herxing. Several times since starting it I have either woken up boiling hot and sweating (to the extent that I had to throw off the covers and the pajamas and socks I usually sleep in, in my frigid bedroom) or had spells of similar sweating or chills during the day. I have taken my temperature during the chills and found it to be 97.1 (my "normal"). Dr. Z told me some time ago that this could be from HPA axis suppression.

When I woke up early this morning, in addition to the sweating, I had shooting pains in my legs and feet and my muscles were all tensed up. I concentrated on my breathing, and after about an hour was able to relax enough to go back to sleep. It reminded me that I should write it down, though.

Another thing I keep forgetting to write down -- my right shoulder is freezing up again. I suspected it a few days ago, and now I'm having trouble reaching behind myself to shrug off a coat. I'm hoping that getting up to the full dose of Malarone this weekend will help; if not, I need to mention it to Dr. M when I see her on 1/24.

No comments:

Post a Comment