Friday, January 14, 2011

hormones, cont'd.

I found a BHRT doctor! Really. I did a search on Project Aware to locate the nearest compounding pharmacy that does bioidentical hormones, and this morning I called the pharmacist to ask for a local doctor referral. He knew of three. I called the first one on the list, and she had an opening on February 2, so I took it. I made sure to tell her that I was looking for a doctor who did BHRT, and she said “You have come to the right place!” Here’s hoping. As one of my friends said, "It’s like you have to complete a maze or something to find the right person to help. 'You have successfully completed Level One! Your new power is the ability to have your hormones tested!'"

In case the doctor wants to check my baseline hormone levels, I decided (regretfully) to wait until after my visit to start using the progesterone cream. That means I'll have one more episode of mood swings to deal with. Hopefully it will be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment