Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bitter greens

Today for lunch I had three handfuls of raw cashews and a serving of arugula braised with garlic and beef broth. The arugula tasted good. About 15 minutes after eating I got very nauseous. I thought I might throw up -- very rare for me. Then I started to sweat, and get burning pains in my joints. The nausea passed fairly quickly, but more than 2 hours later I am still sweating like a pig.

This is my second big sweat of the day -- I had one this morning, a little while after I took my morning meds (Malarone and Tinidazole right now).

I wonder if bitter greens have benefical effects against tick-borne infections? According to this article, Japanese knotweed is a bitter green, but the part that is used as an herb is the root, I think.

I am noticing on this combination of meds that I have more energy. Yesterday I actually did a tiny bit of dusting, and I just finished a 36" x 48" afghan after only 2 weeks. And today, I did 2 loads of laundry. I still feel completely pithed -- devoid of personality and life -- but it's good to be able to do a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment