Friday, September 16, 2011

Night walk

I went for a walk tonight. Even a year ago, this statement would have been commonplace, but since then I have hardly walked. On the combination of tinidazole and Malarone, I'm having less joint pain than I have in a long time, so tonight on the spur of the moment I decided to give it a try.

I took it very slowly, and only went to the end of the block and back. It was cool, cool enough for me to feel it through the sleeves of my fleece jacket, and the air smelled of wood smoke. On the way down, other people were coming and going on the street; a neighbor returning home with his date, a man leaving on a bicycle, someone dropping others off in a car. The crickets were chirping, stopping one by one as I walked by and restarting after I had passed. On the way back, it was just me and the crickets.

I felt a little bit unsteady without my walker, and my right arm went numb during the walk (I have been having neuropathy again since I took the medication break), but it felt good to be moving. I hope I will be able to do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment