Monday, September 19, 2011

Trying to be somewhere else 2

A lot of inflammation, today. Pain in my hands, feet, hips, and jaw, and deep fatigue. I had a list of four things to do today, and I only did one.

Time for more memories...

I am hiking in the Columbia Gorge with my friend Colleen, in college. She showed me a place with a short hike to a beautiful pool. On the day we went, there was no one else there, and we took lunch. I remember walking through tall trees, and being aware of my total insignificance -- how unimportant I was in the scale of the gorge, or even of the oldest trees -- and feeling happy and at peace.

I loved those hills. The Elephant Hills -- that is how I used to think of them, because their skin and shapes reminded me of an elephant's.

No comments:

Post a Comment