Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Trying to be somewhere else 3

Another day. More diarrhea. My ninth year. The only days in that time that I have not had diarrhea were just after my cancer surgery, when I was given anticholinergic medications, and for a brief 5-week period right after I first started taking Malarone. Adding the Lyme meds back in started up the diarrhea again.

Today's happy memory: singing White Coral Bells with my mother in the backyard of our first house in Denver. I remember that it was a nice day, that we were sitting on the ground (maybe doing gardening?), and that she wasn't angry...a rarity in my childhood experience.

White coral bells
Upon a slender stalk
Lilies of the valley on my garden walk
Oh don't you wish
That you could hear them ring
That will happen only when the fairies sing

We sang it in a round (my first experience of that) and it was achingly pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment